Monday, June 29, 2009

89 days

That's right. Only 89 days until Baby C will be here and Allison and I will be parents. 89 days until he is running a muck...well he won't be running a muck, but will be keeping us awake with his own unique brand of ruckus.

89 days, let me break that down for you. If you bought a refurbished Ipod or a toaster or anything from Target, basically anything you bought yesterday that has a 90 day warranty, when my son is born, you have one day left to return that item. That's less than 3 months. It's starting to feel real and I'm starting to get very excited.

I was talking to Allison yesterday about some of my favorite books when I was a kid. I told her I wanted Baby C to read them when he was old enough. Today I made a breakthrough. Why wait until he is old enough?? I can read them to him right now. He can hear me. I'm supposed to be talking to him so he can recognize my voice. Good idea right? I thought so. I've really run out of things to say to her belly. S0 I can either 1) Act out scenes from my favorite movies: It doesn't matter what I say, so I can really say anything. Recognize these movies?
  • I'm SINGING....I'm in a store and I'm SINGING!
  • The next time we see sky it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.
  • You know, I don't really recall. Starts with an S! Let's see. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson? Maybe it's on the briefcase. Oh, yeah! It's right here Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S, though.
  • Doc, you better back up, you don't have enough road to get to 88 MPH. Roads, where we're going, we don't need, roads.
or 2) I can head to the library right now and pick up the books in question. 'Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing' and 'SuperFudge' both by Judy Blume. Currently I don't remember much about those books. Honestly I remember something about a turtle in Tales of a Forth Grade Nothing and in Superfudge, the only thing I remember is when Fudge says he "wants to be a bird" when he grows up.


That is the first time I think I ever laughed while reading a book. I hated reading growing up. I would much rather be playing video games or riding my bike. I thought reading was a form of punishment. But when I read that part I thought, hey, maybe this reading thing isn't that bad. I still didn't read much after that though.

I read so little that my parents were worried that I didn't know how to read or that I was what the professionals call "a little slow." They took me to a reading center and I tested off the charts. Turns out that I can read just fine, I just didn't want to. I think i was in the 4th or 5th grade and I was reading at a 12th grade level. Something crazy like that. Anyway, they said I was borderline genius.

Usually when I retell the story, I leave out that borderline part and just tell people "I'm a genius, I took a test." Needless to say, my parents were happy to hear the results, but pissed at the same time that they had to waste a day at the testing center and pay for tests. Whoops. Sorry guys.

So, back to my two ideas, and remember, they are genius ideas, movie quotes or reading books. I think both will drive Allison equally as crazy and would only be tolerated minutes at a time.

American you decide. For movie quotes call 866.IDOLS04, that's 866.436.5704 or you can txt your vote on AT&T to 5704. Standard txt msg rates apply, remember these are 866 not 800 numbers. There I go quoting again, that's from American Idol, so don't call or txt, it won't count, but feel free to comment or email me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails