Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Things I'm Looking Forward to

I starting thinking about this the other day while we were in Babies R Us picking up the monkey decals. When I used to work at Babies R Us, I wasn't always busy helping the future mothers of Long Island with their Baby Gear needs. A lot of nights the store was very slow and I had hours to myself to think about things. Well the other day while we were shopping, I guess some of that came back.

We were looking for a cute newborn outfit. I know what you're thinking, size NB is so small, everything is cute. You're right, but still, we're looking for an extra cute outfit, for the first week of Baby C's life. Anyway, back to the point. While we were looking through all the clothes we saw baby swim suits, sweater vests, shirt and tie outfits, basketball jerseys, shorts with a matching hoodie... It all got me thinking about family vacations, Easter Egg hunts, Christmas and a ton of other things.

So listed below, in random order is a list of things I'm looking forward to doing with Baby C.
  • Going to Disney World. We've been to the park with Elena and that was a great experience. I'm excited to see Baby C go on the rides for the first time, watch Wishes (fireworks) and see all the Disney characters come to life for him. One thing I'm not excited about is carrying him out of the park after he is passed out. Seriously, at closing time, you see hundreds of fathers with their kids passed out in their arms. I need to get in better shape if I'm going to carry 20-30 pounds the 2 miles out of the park.
  • Toys, toys, toys. I can't wait! Allison has already stopped me from buying Baby C a 3 foot R2-D2, a light up & speaking Optimus Prime, a Nerf gun and a slot car set. Oh the joys of a slot car set. I had a few of these growing up. One with Corvettes, one glow-in-the-dark, I want to say a Dukes of Hazard one and a wall climbing one! That's a birthday or Christmas gift that will be put together the night before so Daddy can do some QA,
  • Playing sports. I am so excited for Baby C to be old enough to play catch with. Him with his mini-mitt & hat. Black paint under his eyes (as long as Allison isn't watching) Mets jersey. It's gonna be sweet.
  • Reading & Numbers. Before I moved to FL, I watched Olivia learn at a ridiculous rate. I feel like she was 6 months old and she could give me 3 red squares and take away 2 blue circles. I don't get to spend much time with her anymore, but now Jack and Shawn wow me. A few weeks ago Jack was running through his flash cards like a champ. I'm excited to teach Baby C to read & count and to be proud of him.
  • First Baseball & Hockey game. In a perfect world, we'd be flying up to NY/NJ in April to see a Mets game @ CitiField and a Devils game @ The Rock. I have already come to terms with the fact that it probably won't happen. The reality is, we'll end up going to Tampa to see the Rays & the Lightning. Either way, it's still going to be awesome. Football needs to wait until he is at least a teenager. There is a rougher crowd at football games.
  • Baby's First Christmas. I don't know what it is, but I can't wait to dress him up in holiday gear. Allison is already dreading it. I pointed out the same 3 piece suit to her the last time we were in JCPenny's at least 5 times. It got so bad, that she stopped looking at me & talking to me altogether.
  • Riding a bike. Kids get excited when they can ride a bike on their own. I want to be there to see him & share that excitement. You'd think I'd be worried about him falling and getting hurt, well stop thinking that. He'll be safely wrapped in bubble wrap and pillows. (just kidding....I hope)
  • Snow. I hope it's on a visit to NY or somewhere up north. If it snows with accumulation in Central Florida, we're screwed.
  • Saying "Hello" to me when I get home from work. I hope Baby C is excited to see me when I get home from work. "Daddy's home" should be right up there with "Dinner time" & "Who wants ice cream?"
There is plenty more, but it's late and I need to go to bed. I can't really do the list justice in my current state.

Lastly, we didn't register for any of the toys mentioned above, but they can all be found at the Toys R Us or Target Superstore nearest you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails