Saturday, May 9, 2009

Movies to watch - The Adam Sandler Collection

As you may have guessed, I just learned to do embedded videos and I may have celebrated it too much on my last 2 posts. I'm done with that for a while. Just words and maybe pix for the next few posts.



OK, OK...Now I'm done.

There are a bunch of movies my parents told me to watched but I resisted because "I don't want to watch those old, stupid movies." Well, once I sat down and watched them, I found out I missed out on years of hilarity. The Jerk, Young Frankenstein,  Animal House (not the TBS version) 

I'm starting a list of movies for Baby C to watch. Hopefully he will watch and enjoy them. I played golf yesterday. So that got me thinking about Happy Gilmore. So here is a list of Adam Sandler movies I'd like Baby C to watch, in order of my favorite to least favorite.

1) Happy Gilmore - One of my favorite comedies. It's a movie about a hockey player who converts to a golfer. Baby C, when you are older, remind me to tell you the story of the first time I saw this movie. It's almost as funny as the movie itself. Trying to figure it out yourself? Think Chubbs. Favorite Line: A lot to choose from, but I'll have to go with "What? Friends listen to "Endless Love" in the dark. " or " You're a lousy kindergarten teacher. I see those finger paintings you bring home and they suck!"

2) Billy Madison - Billy is a lazy guy who must go back to school, redo grades 1 - 12 to inherit his fathers company. He chases a 6 ft penguin and has some funny scenes with Chris Farley and Steve Buscemi. Favorite Line: "It's too damn hot for a penguin to just be walking around. I gotta send him back to the south pole"

3)The Waterboy - Adam Sandler plays Bobby Boucher. A water boy, turned college football player. Another funny story about this movie. The first time I saw it, I was just getting over mono. It was my first time out of the house in 3 months...and I passed out during 15 to 20 minutes during the middle of the movie.  Favorite Line: "Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth but no toothbrush"

4)Big Daddy - Not as silly as the other Sandler movies, but still funny. Adam Sandler plays Sonny. A kid gets dropped off to him by child services and he takes care of him. Favorite Line: "I know you're gonna be missing me when you have that big, white, wrinkly, body on you with his loose skin and old balls....gross!"

5)The Wedding Singer - Awesome movie. Adam Sandler play Robbie, a wedding singer. He is left at the alter and falls for another girl. Hilarious songs in this one and he gets paid for singing lessons in meatballs. 

6)8 Crazy Nights - I don't really have to add this one to the list, but I will. It's an animated movie about Hanukkah. Since Allison is Jewish, you will be Jewish and you will see this movie. End of story. 

7)Mr. Deeds - Sandler plays Longfellow Deeds. He is a small town boy who inherits his uncle's company worth billions. He comes to the big city and all craziness breaks loose. Favorite Line: "I fear you underestimate the sneakiness sir"

There were some other good movies with Sandler, 50 First Dates, Bulletproof, Airheads, bu in my opinion, they are not must see movies. 






2 comments:

Audrey said...

There are sooooo many wonderful old movies to see, though! And the subset of those for kids is fantastic... anything produced by Disney before 1960 may be cheesy as all get-out, but it's wholesome and fun and captivating in its own way. Case in point... Blackbeard's Ghost, or Treasure Island, or the original Parent Trap. Good stuff for kiddos!

Anthony C said...

You're right. I'm getting to those. This was just the first in a series of movie posts. I gotta list the Goonies, Bed knobs & Broomsticks, Dumbo, and many more.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails