Friday, May 15, 2009

Feel those kicks? He's gonna be a soccer player.

This morning while I was brushing my teeth, I heard Allison yell from bed, "I just felt him kick." I said "that's great honey" she probably heard "hhmats grmpfht hommfry" (remember, I was brushing my teeth)

Then Allison said "no, I felt him from the outside." I ran to the bathroom door. "freawwly?" Brush, rinse, spit "Really?" Allison waved me over. So I jumped to her side of the bed and she put my hand on her tummy. I sat there for a few seconds and I felt like I had missed the show. Baby C must have had his energy kick (no pun intended) and is now sleeping like a baby (pun inteded that time, although I think the energy kick pun was better)

Then...WHAMMO! I felt him. Then again. And a third time. It was awesome. My little boy slapped me 5 three times this morning. It made my day. Monday I heard his heartbeat and saw him and today I feel him through Allison's belly. A truly great week!

People always say, "the baby's kicking" or "he just kicked." I don't think what I felt was a kick. Seriously, my hand and Allison's stomach must have move 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch. He doesn't even weigh a pound yet. That is some powerful leg if it was a kick. To me, it seemed like he just realized he is trapped inside the womb and was trying to break through the walls. I pictured him in there running then throwing his shoulder into the wall. Similar to the way Shaggy and Scooby do it. Legs spinning, gathering speed, then WHAMMO! right into the wall. In the cartoons, Shaggy and Scoob go right through the door or wall, meet up with the Globetrotters and then eat a huge sandwich. Well, not today kiddo, but hang in there, 4 more months. Like James (John Travolta) says in Look Who's Talking "You spend the first nine months trying to get out and the rest of your life trying to get back in." Baby C, when you are older, you'll find that pretty funny.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

another 9 players and we have a team. The Florida fire, I like it

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails