Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Perhaps we better start from the beginning...(My First Post)

Hello! and welcome to the first post on Baby C's blog.

I plan to post my thoughts and feelings throughout the pregnancy and after delivery. On days when I'm not feeling anything new, I'll post links to sites, top 10 lists, and stories of events that have gone down during the pregnancy. Remember, my wife is pregnant, hormonal, moody, so I'm not going to post all the stories. Nothing that will get me into trouble. I'm brave, but not crazy. Having said that, her moods and emotions really have not been that bad. It has been a great 4 months.

I decided just before I left work today that I should start this blog. I have lots to say about our upcoming addition, but I don't always have someone around to talk to. So now it's out here for the world to read. I am staying up way to late to do this, but if I don't do it now, odds are I never will. I have lots of grand ideas. I plan to do them, I have all the best intentions in the world, then I get distracted and never get back to it. Examples??? My comic strip about Molly, my kids book about manners, and organizing my own half marathon.

I even had a name picked out for the 1/2 marathon and designed a logo for the t-shirts. It was called "The Central Florida, possibly annual 1/2 marathon on the same day as the NYC marathon, 1/2 marathon race for the cure" Doesn't it just roll off your tongue?? I think I was watching too many episodes of The Office at the time. Or more accurately, I watched the Rabies Run episode one too many times.

Well, I'm here to share, not to scare, so back to the baby stuff. We have started to test out boy names. We have a spreadsheet of names we like and every two days we pick a name and use it in conversation. Then, depending on how that goes, it either gets crossed off the list or moved to the "finalist" column. So far, 2 names....2 strikes. The 3rd name has made it though day one with flying colors. Which is surprising, because I didn't think I would like it.

I have also started talking to Baby C every night. While Allison is laying in bed or on the couch, I will lean over and just talk to her belly. Tonight I told him about the blog. So far I have mentioned baseball, a list of movies he should watch and a bunch of other silly stuff. I'm not sure why, but I just can't talk about serious stuff yet. The important thing is that he hears my voice, so I don't really think it matters what I say.

I think this is a good start. More to follow, stay tuned.

Baby C - 8 weeks


Baby C - 12 weeks

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails