Sunday, April 26, 2009

That's ok, I don't want to hold the baby

It was a long, but fun weekend. Glad to be home, can't wait to finish this post so I can go to bed. I had a great weekend meeting my nephew and seeing my niece again. It was hotter in NY today than in FL. They are having crazy weather in NY, Thursday was in the 30s, today it was in the mid 80s.

I used to hate touching babies. I always felt like I was going to hurt them somehow. I don't think I held my niece until she was 2 weeks old and Jack, I must have seen him 5-8 times before I would hold him. Now I love holding them. I feel a lot more comfortable with them and they love me.

I hope I don't jinx myself here, but kids love me. I have had kids walk up to me while we were shopping or at Disney World and just hold my hand. More than once, kids who do not like any men aside from their father warm up to me and want to hang around me.

The funniest story like this, is our friend Rene's daughter, Elena. We were in Downtown Disney and Elena always takes to girls better than guys. So we figured she would be all over Allison. We took turns holding her hand and carrying her all day, then we did some shopping and I was holding the bags. Elena, probably 2.5 or 3 years old at the time, was pulling the bags out of my hand and telling me to give them to Allison. I was laughing and taunting Allison. "Ha Ha, Elena said you need to carry them"

So I give the bags to Allison and the next thing you know, Elena is saying "UP UP" to me! What a smart little stinker! So I ended up carrying her around for the next 25-30 minutes. What can I say, kids love me and I am a sucker for them. Hopefully Baby C will fall for me just like the other kids around me have. If not, I am not above bribery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails