Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goals for 2010

It's almost 2010. The past decade flew by. December 31, 1999 I was in a luxury suite at Madison Square Garden ringing in the New Year with Billy Joel and 20,000 of our closest friends. This year I'll be at home on my couch watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. What a change, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is the time of year where everyone decides to give themselves new year resolutions. They decide to diet, exercise, maybe give up soda or sweets and are really gung-ho about it...for about a month. I don't do resolutions anymore because I was the same way. I would stick by my resolutions for 2 or 3 weeks, then get bored with it.

So instead of making new year's resolutions, I decided to give myself a list of goals for 2010. It's very similar to having resolutions, but goals are measurable and obtainable items. What good is having a resolution to exercise or give up chocolate if you can't measure it and have nothing to show for it? It's no good. That's why they never last. Join me and make a list of goals for your 2010.

Some of my goals will sound silly, but I'm serious about them and I'm going to try to meet them all.
Goals for 2010
  1. Spend less time on Facebook and Twitter and more time with Ben and Allison
  2. Spend the first hour after Ben goes to sleep writing.
  3. Finish writing my book
  4. Make money off of my writing
  5. Run a 5K under 30 minutes
  6. Run a 10K in an hour
  7. Run a 15K - just finish, without stopping
  8. Run a half marathon - just finish without stopping
  9. Learn how to juggle
  10. Learn how to play Super Mario Bros theme on my keyboard
  11. Learn how to play Clocks by Coldplay on my keyboard
  12. Learn how to play NY State of Mind by Billy Joel on my keyboard
  13. Remain a size 34 for another year
  14. Create a new blog and post a picture on it everyday in 2010
  15. Teach Ben to say "Daddy" & "Awesome"
  16. Do not curse in front of Ben

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails