While she was baking cookies, she burned her fingers. I felt bad for her, but not too bad because it was her own fault. Before you attack me and say "that's your wife, the mother of your son, you better feel bad for her" hear me out. She burns herself almost every time she bakes. Instead of putting the oven mitts on her hands, she holds them from the outside and grabs the cookie sheet with the oven mitt folder over the side.
Every time she does this I tell her "you're gonna burn yourself, put your hands in the mitts." She tells me I'm crazy and carries on her way. Well last night she burnt 4 of her fingers using her method. It wasn't a bad burn, there is only a mark on one of her fingers this morning, but I don't get it. I'll put on the oven mitts if a plate in the microwave gets too hot. She's sticking her hands unprotected into a 350 degree oven. What's up with that? It's like using a power saw and wearing the safety glasses on top of your head.
I said to her last night "I'm very torn right now. I want to feel bad for you because you hurt yourself, but I also want to say I told you so." We laughed about it and I told her if she promises to put her hands inside the mitts I'd get her some new heavyweight oven mitts. She's thinking it over.
I have really been enjoying the Christmas specials and movies that have been on this month. I've given up my front that I am only watching them for Ben. Most of the time he is in bed while I'm watching them. I love Christmas specials. I can't wait for Ben to be old enough to watch them with me.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Twas the Night Before Christmas - The one with the clock tower and the mice. Kerplunk? Kerplouwie. Maybe I have something for clock tower. Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies and that has a clock tower in it too.
- Yogi's First Christmas - This is a great cartoon too. It has all the Yogi characters in it. I haven't seen it on TV in a few Christmases. It might be time for a letter to ABC Family.
- Christmas on Sesame Street - It starts out with the gang ice skating. They sing a bunch of awesome songs. What's the deal with Big Bird. He used to be the face of the franchise, but now it's all about Elmo and Abby Cadabby. When we were watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade, there was an Abby Cadabby float. I said "what the heck is an Abby Cadabby?"
- A Charlie Brown Christmas - How can a dog win a Christmas decorations outfit? I like when Linus does his speech and Charlie Brown's tree.
- Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer- She thinks I'm cuuuuute.
- Frost the Snowman - Happy Birthday! I like the sounds when the rabbit jumps around too.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas - It's awesome when he dresses up Max as a reindeer and when his heart grows 3 sizes and breaks the heart measuring device. I was pissed when they didn't do it in the Jim Carey version.
- Emit Otter's Jug Band Christmas - This is another Jim Henson creation. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. I haven't seen it in a few years. There were some great songs like "Ain't no hole in the washtub" and "Riverbottom Nightmare Band"
- John Denver & The Muppets Christmas - I don't remember much about this show, but I remember being very young and in the hospital for either a bloody nose or a problem with my ear. The jerk hole next to me had the remote and wanted to watch basketball. I saw this special but missed whatever was on next.