Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I'm very excited about Ben's first Christmas. I know he won't know what's going on, but I'm just excited to spend 3 days home with him and Allison. And to take tons of Christmas pix. He's starting to show symptoms of teething. I may be looking forward to going back to work on Monday, but I doubt it. He's awesome.

December really went quickly. I wanted to do a few more posts about my favorite Christmas things, but I'll have to cut it short. Tonight will be the last installment. Tonight's list, my favorite Christmas movies.

You have to live under a rock to not know this movie. A Christmas Story. I think this will be the 13th year of 24 Hours of a Christmas Story. I usually watch it 2 or 3 times. There are so many funny things in this movie. I'm not sure if it's as funny for women as it is for men, but I love this movie.
Here are some of my favorite scenes:
  1. The "Oh Fudge" Scene
  2. Ralphie's Fight Scene - I used to get into a lot of fights as a kid...it reminds me of my youth as a bruiser. Also immediately after the fight "Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie"
  3. The I triple dog dare ya! scene
  4. Whoooopie a Zeppelin
  5. Aunt Clara thinks Ralphie is 4 yrs old and also a girl. "He looks like a deranged Easter Bunny. He looks like a pink nightmare"
  6. Fa-ra-ra-ra-ra Chinese Christmas Dinner
  7. The Santa Scene - Ralphie fights his way back up the slide tells santa about the Red Rider BB Gun and makes that crazy smile...then gets kicked down the slide.
  8. He gets his BB gun...and proceeds to shoot his eye out.
  9. "Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.."
  10. "Show mommy how the piggies eat"
Next up are two movies people sometimes forget about or forget that they are Christmas movies. Die Hard and Jingle All the Way. Die Hard is just an awesome movie. Tons of action and a tag line I should not have been repeating in the 8th grade.

Jingle All the Way had Arnold and Sinbad in it. It was an OK movie but what really made me get into the movie was the bit Conan O'Brien did when he was the host of Late Night. He did this bit for about 10 years. I think it's funny.


Elf and Christmas Vacation are two more of my favorite movies. I watch these 2 movies as often as I can. The DVDs have been in the player since the night after Thanksgiving and they will stay there for 3 more days. Tomorrow night we'll probably watch them both again.
Some Elf scenes:
  1. A guy is hailing a cab, Buddy goes into the street and waves to him and keeps saying "Hi"
  2. There's no singing at the North Pole
  3. Worlds Best cup of Coffee. Funny story. I was in Victoria's Secret a while back and they had a sign that said World's most comfortable bra. So I said to the sales lady "Congratulations, you did it! World's most comfortable bra! Great job!" She gave me a funny look and backed away.
  4. Does syrup have sugar in it? Then YES!
  5. I like to whisper too.


Christmas Vacation:
  1. "Can't see the line can you Russ?"
  2. "Lot of sap. Looks great! Little full, lot of sap"
  3. "Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, kiss my ass. Kiss his ass. Kiss your ass. Happy Hanukkah"
I could go on all night, but I have to stop. Big day tomorrow and It'll get tricky to watch both of those movies, plus we also have to have time for Home Alone, A Christmas Story and my all-time favorite movie...It's a Wonderful Life.
I hope I don't ruin the end for you...but this is one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.


"Hello Bedford Falls! Merry Christmas Movie House!" Sorry this post is all over the place tonight...I guess I'm a little more excited about Christmas than I thought. I won't be posting again until after Christmas, so I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas. Come back in a few days for pix of Ben's first Christmas and my list of goals for 2010.

2 comments:

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

I cannot start my Christmas season without watching Christmas Vacation. It's like the holiday spirit refuses to fill me until I've seen Clark Griswold fall off of his roof after stapling his sleeve to it. We watched it after Thanksgiving this year as is our tradition. Last night we watched The Ref, which is another great holiday comedy!

Anthony C said...

I went through a stage where I hated Denis Leary. I'll have to give The Ref another shot, you are the second person to mention it in as many days.

Surviving Christmas got horrible reviews, but it was pretty funny.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails