Monday, October 24, 2011

Best and Worst of the Weekend

So I was thinking of ways to make sure I write more often. I see other people with daily themes on their blogs. I've seen Music Monday, Super Sexy Tuesday or Thursday (SST), Wordless Wednesday and other things like that. I'll do you all a favor and hold off on the SST until I'm back in shape and Super Sexy again.

Good for those people, but I want to do my own thing, so I thought I'd do something I heard on the Dan Patrick show, Best and Worst of the Weekend. It's not my original idea, but I haven't seen it on any blogs yet, so that's new right? It's not stealing, it's called homage! Did anyone see Cop Out?

After Steve Jobs died, everyone spent the next two weeks talking about how great he was and all the things he's done for the world. While I agree that Steve Jobs was a great man and he had a huge part in shaping all of our lives, I wonder, why do we wait until these people die? Why not honor them in life?

If you're my age, you grew up watching Dan Patrick on Sportscenter. He and Keith Olbermann are responsible for the way sports shows now show highlights in cool, funny ways. It's mostly a good thing, but like with all inventions, there are some downsides (BOO-YAH!)

If you know me well, I know you expect my best to be about food and my worst to be about lack of food or yard work. How boring would that be? So I'll skip the food best/worst unless it really needs to be said. For example, a few weekends ago, we had neighbors over to watch the Jets/Patriots game. We shared 2 pizzas and Allison made Daffodil Dip. Even though the Jets lost, that was probably the best of the weekend.

Anyway, on to Best and Worst of this weekend.

Best: On Saturday we went to Disney World to visit friends who were in town from New York. We're very close to them. She's partly responsible for Allison and I getting together (I'll explain this another time) and their kids call Ben their Florida Cousin.

As soon as we took the Disney World exit, we saw the sign for Disney World and Ben yelled Donald Duck! Then for the next 10 minutes, he laughed, pointed out all the buses and firetrucks and shouted "yaaaaaa, woooooo." All that "woooo"ing woke up Abigail. Now that she was awake, she needed to eat. She let us know in her own special way.

"WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Add the silly songs CD to the mix and I'm convinced we had one of the loudest cars in Disney World.  I was either gonna laugh or cry from the noise. I decided to laugh and take video so I could share it with all of you. This went on for a few minutes until we got to the hotel.


Worst: I'm not sure what the worst was. The Indianapolis Colts had a rough weekend, so the the Miami Dolphins. I guess my worst of the weekend was that I was traveling for work last Thursday and Friday and my iphone4s finally came in. It was sitting on my desk at work waiting for me and I didn't have time to drive to the office to pick it up. That's like opening toys on Christmas, but not being able to play with them. I activated it today and all is well with the world again. 

I'll post my best/worst every Sunday or Monday night. If you're not selected as a best, I apologize in advance. There can only be one best. If you end up being a worst, you need to step up your game! 

Have a good night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails