Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Visit From Grandma & Papa

On October 2nd, my parents and Uncle Carlo came down for a visit. It was the first time they'd be meeting Benjamin. I gave them instructions before they came.
  1. Don't get sick! Drink some OJ, take some eukanuba, but don't be sick or you can't hold the baby.
  2. No smoking then holding the baby. Either change your clothes or wear a Hugh Hefner smoking jacket. If you stink like smoke, then you can't hold the baby.
  3. Please bring doughnuts.
I picked them up at the airport after work and we headed to the house, great news! They brought doughnuts and bagels! HAHA it would have been great to see them even if they hadn't brought doughnuts and bagels.

They met Benjamin and they all thought he looked like me when I was a baby. It was strange calling my parents Grandma and Papa. Instead of saying "Benjamin, this is your grandma and papa" I kept saying, "Ben, this is my mom and dad" I'm sure as time goes by that will get easier, but it was weird.

It's always too short when visitors come, but the silver lining is, when they leave, you are already closer to the next visit. To all family and friends, you are all welcome to visit anytime. We have plenty of room, just give me a call to set something up.

This wasn't Ben's first experiece with NY. If you remember, he has already been up to NY and had pix with doughnuts, bagels & NY Pizza. http://tinyurl.com/yhsgrey & http://tinyurl.com/yk9sd3u. Now NY was visiting him and we all had a great time.

Benjamin in his I Love NY gear. I bet he'll be the only one in kindergarten that can sing We Didn't Start the Fire, NY NY and Empire State of Mind, the clean version ofcourse.

The best doughnuts in the world come from Greenpoint Brooklyn. Peter Pan Bakery on Manhattan Ave. If you have a better doughnut, bring it here to me and I will judge it. If you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and get a few. One way to do this, run the NYC marathon. The course goes right down Manhattan Ave and it might be a good pick me up for you, but don't hold me to that. It might also make you puke and breakdown in a bad part of Brooklyn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails