Monday, October 12, 2009

I'll Just Call in Sick

I have a lot of sick time, not a ton of time, but enough that I can blow a day or two just to chill and hang out with the family. I've wanted to use a day for the past month and a half, even before Benjamin was born, but I held off until today.

I woke up this morning, 6:00AM and called in sick. I have been planning this day in my mind for the past month and a half and it was going to be awesome. However, in my plan I hadn't counted on actually being sick, so today wasn't all I hoped it would be.

Allison was sick Friday night, so I got rid of my Magic tix and took over feeding/taking care of Benjamin. I only get a few hours with him a night, so it was really great to take care of him on my own for a night. I slept on the couch with the baby monitor. I usually sleep right through his cries and screams, so I needed to keep the monitor close to make sure I got up.

I promised Benjamin that if he slept through the night I would buy him a car. My friend Don reminded me that one day I'll be buying him a car anyway. I know that, you know that, but Ben didn't know that yet, so there was hope. Anyway, it's irrelevant, he woke up around 2:AM and 5:30AM to eat and be changed. I can't complain about that though. Each time I was able to put him back down and get him to sleep in under an hour.

Allison's temp broke Saturday afternoon and she was able to take care of Ben again by Saturday evening. Just in time for my head to start hurting and my temp to rise. Great! I skipped running Sunday morning and slept in, hoping that would do the trick. Nope, Sunday came and went and I still felt crummy.

Monday morning comes and I still feel sick. I still have a temp. So I call in sick. Instead of today being the fun day off to hang with Benjamin and Allison, I spent the day laying in bed, sweating through the sheets, coughing and having trouble breathing. I had to stay away from both of them all day. Not even close to the day I had planned.

It still ended up being a decent day. Allison cleaned out some of our CDs, DVDs and pictures. It's sickening to see how much money we've spent on CDs and DVDs. I had over 500 CDs and 100DVDs alone. If I had that money back, it would be a pretty nice vacation or a down payment on a fence. Oh well, it is what it is. We had a few good laughs at some of the CDs we had and the doubles that we had. Does anybody remember Shai? Another Bad Creation? Perfect Gentleman? What was wrong with us?

It was fun looking through the old photo albums too. It's crazy to think about how different our lives are now then they were 4 years ago. We have a baby, a house, a condo (which if you are in the market, I'll give you a great deal), new cars, a Disney Wedding, and we live in Florida. That's a lot of change.

Anyway, I'm off to take my temp again. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning and be able to go to work and run tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails