Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week 1 of Parenthood - Shark Week

I've been a father for one week and so far, so good. Benjamin has been great and Allison has done a fantastic job as a mom. She's been getting up with him in the middle of the night, while I sleep through the crying.

True story, he was in our room for 2 nights on the UV Lamp screaming his little head out and I slept right through it. I actually heard him crying this morning. I woke up, I was so proud of myself...until I looked over and saw Allison was not in bed next to me, but she had already fed him, changed him and was putting him back to bed. Trust me though, when I'm awake, I really do help her...honestly!

Let me tell you a few things I've noticed about Ben so far.
  1. When he is trying to decide if he wants to cry or not, it's the cutest thing in the world.
  2. I love holding him and letting him fall asleep on me.
  3. He does Shark Attack when he is hungry or wants his pacifier. It's so funny, he thrashes his head back and forth. I hope to get it on video at some point.
  4. He poops and pees a lot when it's funny. You know, when I have his dirty diaper off before I get a chance to put the new one on. Good stuff Ben. I especially like when you get some on your dad.
  5. He loves being in the car. He loves it so much that he falls asleep before we turn off of our block. (car seat tidbit, the nurse at the hospital that checks the car seat installation said that it was the best install she'd ever seen! That's right. 11 months at Babies R Us finally paid off.)
That's all I have for now. Gonna get to bed to make sure I get my 6 hours of shut eye. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails