Tuesday, February 21, 2012

They grow up so fast. - 5 month review


Today Abigail is 5 months old.
I can't believe how quickly it's gone by and how much she's changed. She seems to do something new everyday. Today she saw me with her bottle, her eyes tracked it, then when I got close enough, she reached out to grab it and screeched.

At her 4 month checkup she was 24in long and weighed 14lbs 12oz. I'm sure both of those numbers have gone up since then. She goes back to the doctor for her 6 month check up. I'll let you know just how much bigger she's gotten.

Abigail is so cute. She knows I'm her dad. I get a special smile and screech when she sees me. She can roll from her back to her belly and her belly to her back. (Is anyone else singing Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice?)

We recently started feeding her rice cereal mixed with formula. It's so funny watching her learn how to eat. She spits most of the spoon full out. And when I say spoon full, I'm using that term lightly. I use the smallest  spoon ever made and it's usually only 1/4 full.

She puts her hands in her mouth and spreads the cereal all over her face and hair. She sometimes licks the high chair tray too. It gets everywhere. So far mommy and Mrs Amanda have ended up with rice cereal in their hair. All the grey hair I have just makes it look she's gotten daddy too.
Abigail can sit up on her own now. Wait, let me back up and clarify. If we sit her up, she can remain in a sitting up position. She reaches out for her toys and plays in her jumper . I think her favorites are a bumblebee (non-transformer), a dolly & horse, a dog, a pocket book rattle...wow, now that I list them out, she likes a lot of toys.


We get stopped everywhere we go. People tell us how beautiful she is. I say "thank you" out loud, but think "I know" on the inside. ;) We get asked a lot of silly questions too. Here are a few that spring to mind:
  • Is that a real baby?
  • Is that her real hair or is that a wig?
  • Is that a doll?
Anyway, happy 5 months to my baby girl. You would think 5 months & Fat Tuesday combo we'd all be up to our elbows in cake...especially if you know me and my love for cake. Not sure what happened. But don't worry. 7 months from now...we'll make up for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails