We took Ben on his first plane trip today. It was pretty cool. He had his own boarding pass and everything. We started him out right with the most important rule in traveling: Check in early to make sure you are in Group A!
The excitement of his first flight proved to be too much. He fell asleep before takeoff. He was well behaved on the flight. He woke up, but he was happy. He fussed a little bit, but it was pretty close to lunch time. Luckily thee were no diaper incidents. He fell asleep just as we started our descent into Islip. Allison reminded me of the Jerry Seinfeld skit where he talks about pilots talking over the intercom. "just fly the plane!" and right on cue, the pilot gave us a play-by-play of the landing.
Every time we go back to NY, my NY comes back to the surface. My accent comes back. I am a little more defensive and aggressive at the same time (if that makes any sense to you.) I'll list fun facts and other bits of info during our vacation.
Ben met one set of his Aunts & Uncles today and he also met 2 of his cousins. He had a great time playing with them. They are 4.5 yrs and 1 yr old. They didn't have an epic game of Hungry Hungry Hippos, but they had fun. It's gonna be a busy week filled with friends, family, a wedding, food and possibly snow. Cmon man! Channel 7 (ABC) said possible snow flurries tomorrow night. I'm getting too old for this...
- We ran into an old co-worker from Maharam on the flight. Good to see you Joyce
- First dirty look I gave: At the baggage claim to an old lady in a wheelchair: I took my bag off the carousel and she started getting up in arms that I took her bag. I shot her a look and said "This is not your bag, this is my bag." I then turned my back on her. I know she was in a wheelchair and she was old, but I do not discriminate. I am an equal opportunity offender.
- First car horn I heard: 15.2 miles into the trip on Carleton Ave. I have not blown the horn yet or given anyone the finger, but I have shouted a few expletives at people.
- I still remember the phone number for my favorite Chinese take-out. Yan Min Kitchen 631.277.5666
- My mouth is already watering for either a fresh bagel from Bagel Boss or a buttered roll from the deli. Both will be had this week.
- I forgot to pack pajamas.